- Price: $2.99 In Apple Store
- Category: Books
- Updated: 2010-12-15
- Current Version: 1.2.5
- 1.2.5 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 1.80 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DockMarket, LLC
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
- © 2010 DockMarket LLC
Add to Favorite apps
Bookmark your Audiobooks and Podcasts! Learn more...O'REILLY: Best App for Listening to Audio Books http://bit.ly/9kGMjl* Works with audiobooks and podcasts that are already in your iPod. No complicated downloads required! * Add multiple…..
What's New in Version 1.2.5
- Time Ribbon times are now customizable. See Settings > Time Ribbon Settings.
- Tap-and-hold bookmark button to create a quick bookmark without having to tap "Save". In Settings, you can make this the default action.
- Seek forward or backward without using the Time Ribbon. Tap-and-hold the << or >> buttons.
- Fixed scrolling problem in the Notes screen
- Notes now supports landscape mode
- Option to turn off 1-minute chime in Sleep Timer
- Fixed iOS 4.2.1 bookmarking bug
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Must-have app for audiobook lovers
Ray Gans write:
Update 12/19/2010: More improvements! I still depend on this app every day to keep my place in audiobooks during my long commute to work. The new quick bookmark is a welcome addition.
Without a doubt this is one of my favorite apps -- and I've bought ($$$) hundreds of them. I listen to audiobooks all the time and I am now dependent on Bookmark and -never- listen to audiobooks without it. If you're an audiobook fan, this is a must-have app. Bookmarking and the simple jump forward/back functionality are worth the price alone.
Here's the bottom line.
1. When you want to listen to an audiobook this app lists them all for you nicely and groups them together to make it easy to listen to each book from start to finish (e.g., convenient when an audiobook is broken into several pieces). Audiobooks are easy to select from the list and the controls have nice big pause and play buttons.
2. When you're done listening you can set a bookmark to mark where you stopped (I recommend this because the next time you sync with iTunes, iTunes might decide to wipe out where you were and start things over at the beginning of the audiobook - note: this has nothing to do with this app, it's an iTunes bug and this app will help solve the problem). Or you can start listening to another book and the bookmarks let you know where you left off each one.
3. Whenever you get interrupted or need to jump back to re-listen to something you missed, it's a swipe (on HUD mode) or a click or two on the Time Ribbon slider. This is much better than using the iPod app and its extremely useful for long rewind hunting.
4. I don't know the developer, but from my personal experience, he is very responsive and quite passionate about this app. I expect to see it continue to improve.
Used to be great
This app used to be the best podcast and audiobook app out there, but a recent upgrade broke key functionality. It no longer keeps your place when you leave the app. It forgets where you left off in your book or podcast, making it necessary to waste time fast forwarding to find where you left off. I'm back to listening to all my audio in the default iPod player.
This app delivers! I have used it through the entire Steig Larson series of "The Girl Who...." books and it never lost my place once. The shuttle back and forth feature is excellent. Bookmark has singlehandedly reinvented audio books for me.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes